In this section
Student-led projects focused on improving teen traffic safety also promote engagement, peer-to-peer education and teen ownership. Student leadership is key to the success of the campaigns and projects. Student leaders may belong to groups that already exist at your school (e.g. FCCLA, HOSA), or you may wish to establish a new group that addresses teen traffic safety.
Some quick ways to get started on the promotion of teen traffic safety could include:
- Share teen traffic safety messages with students and parents in a newsletter, email or on social media.
- Link safe teen driving messages to homecoming, prom, or other school events.
- Place “buckle up” signs at the school parking lot exit.
- Decorate classroom doors with safety messages.
- Give free gas cards or car washes as an incentive for participating in a safe driving event.
- Share a quick teen traffic safety video message over announcements or on social media.
- And many more!
Interested in starting the work at your school but not sure how? Contact us.