Craig Yabuki Mental Health Walk-In Clinic
- Main Phone (414) 337-3400
Our Craig Yabuki Mental Health Walk-In Clinic provides same-day care for children and teens (ages 5-18) experiencing urgent mental health issues. The clinic is designed to offer an alternative to traditional urgent care and emergency room services.
If your child is experiencing an emergency of any kind, please call 911 or go straight to your closest emergency room.
Guidance for when to come to our clinic
A child should be seen at our clinic if they experience new or worsening symptoms of:
- Feelings of anxiety, stress or panic attack
- Trouble focusing
- Loss of appetite or feelings of isolation
- Mood disorders
- Hyperactivity or attention issues
- Lack of interest in family or social activities
- Difficulty sleeping
- School avoidance
Services we provide
- Evaluation to determine any immediate safety concerns
- Brief intervention through temporary, on-site counseling and coping tips
- Coordination of care with the child’s existing care team (pediatrician, school or other providers) to ensure everyone is aware of the child’s needs
- Referrals to helpful resources following the child’s clinic visit, including follow-up care, if needed
Our clinic is not able to support the following:
- Medical emergencies, such as a child experiencing suicidal thoughts or self-harm. If your child is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or visit the closest emergency room.
- Medication changes
- Laboratory services
How to get here
Our walk-in clinic is located on Level 2 of the Clinics Building on our Children’s Wisconsin hospital campus in Milwaukee. Patient families can park in the visitor parking structure located north of the hospital. The skywalk on Level 2 connects the parking structure to our hospital campus. The walk-in clinic will be on your right after passing the Clinics Building entrance.
- 3-9:30 p.m., seven days a week
Our mental health walk-in clinic will be closed the following days:
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving day
- Christmas day
- New Year’s day
- Call your child’s pediatrician or call our Children’s Wisconsin Mental and Behavioral Health Access Team at (414) 266-3339
- Our Mental and Behavioral Health Access Team is available 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Visit the emergency room on Children’s Milwaukee campus, or an emergency room closest to you.
Planning your visit
- No appointment is necessary. Walk-ins are encouraged during clinic hours.
- Wait times will vary based on daily demand.
- All children and teens must be accompanied by an adult in order to be evaluated. Consent must be provided from legal guardian in person or by phone.
- Please bring your insurance card and contact information for your child’s school, primary care provider and outpatient mental health providers.
- If your child takes medication, please have names and dosages available.
- All major insurance plans are accepted.
If you feel your child needs psychiatric inpatient care, please contact the inpatient facility directly.
Learn more about our mental and behavioral health services.