In this section
Resources for schools
Diabetes training for school staff
This online video highlights the following topics related to caring for students with diabetes in the school setting:
- Types of diabetes
- Blood sugar checking (demo)
- High and low blood sugar symptoms and cares
- Treatment for severe lows blood sugars with glucagon (demo)
- Insulin administration (demo)
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Carb counting basics and insulin dose calculations (demo)
- Special situations specific to the school day
- School plan worksheet (PDF)
- School diabetes management protocols (PDF)
- Continuous glucose monitor resources
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction diabetes resource page
- American Diabetes Association (ADA): Training resources for school staff
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: A resource guide for Wisconsin schools and families
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.
Picture the future with diabetes: The Jeff Costello story
Jeff will take you on his journey as an athlete with Type 1 Diabetes. The endless possibilities to live our dreams.
Our own nurses: Coming full circle
This is a story of two nurses who were diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at Children's, and now work here. They share their unique stories and motivation to accomplish a dream despite diabetes.