In this section
The first year of the fellowship is designed to immerse the fellow in the operations of Children's Wisconsin. Initially, the fellow will meet with all members of senior leadership at both the system and hospital level and then with different department leaders to gain a better understanding of the breadth and depth of the organization. To fully appreciate the operations of a health system, during the first year the fellow will shadow front-line staff to better understand the connection and impact of the decisions made by leadership teams. In addition, the first year will include project work core to the development of a future health care leader, as well as exposure to a fellow's particular area(s) of interest.
In the second year of fellowship, the fellow will take the lead on various hospital and system-level initiatives in addition to pursing projects of interest. In addition, second year fellows will have the opportunity to mentor new 1st year fellows.
Sample projects and areas of exposure may include:
- Construction and process improvement projects
- Broader exposure to system level activities (including an introduction to system governance and Board relations)
- Deeper exploration of health care finance and operational efficiencies
- Hospital or system level quality improvement efforts
- Interim leadership opportunity
Contact the first year fellow:
- Chelsi Reilly
2020 – 2022