In this section
Patients and families
- Visiting the Milwaukee campus
- Visiting the Fox Valley campus
- Billing and payment information
- Insurance information
- Compliments and concerns
- Compliance concern
- Rights and responsibilities
- Report a concern
- Recognize someone
- Mobile apps
- Medical records information
- Request an appointment
- Skywalk Pharmacy
- Visitor guidelines
- Doctors' Day
Report a patient care or safety concern
If you have a concern about patient care provided at one of our hospitals or clinics, we encourage you to let us know. Your child's care will not be limited due to a complaint.
To report a concern, contact Patient Relations at (414) 266-7848 or (800) 556-8090 or you can e-mail PatientRelations@childrenswi.org.
Patient Relations can assist with concerns related to:
- Children's Wisconsin (hospitals and clinics in Milwaukee and Neenah, Wis.).
- Children's Wisconsin specialty clinics in Green Bay, Greenfield, Kenosha, and New Berlin.
- Children's urgent care (all locations).
Complaints regarding quality of care or premature discharge will be reviewed by the responsible leaders on a timely basis.
Patient Relations will use the following process:
- Submit your complaint either verbally or in writing.
- Patient Relations will specify to you the time frames necessary to investigate and respond.
- Patient Relations will provide a written notice of our response, which includes:
- Name of the hospital or clinic contact person
- Steps taken on behalf of the patient to investigate the complaint
- Outline of the results of the complaint process
- The date of its completion
Children's Wisconsin is accredited by The Joint Commission. If the concerns in question cannot be resolved through the grievance process, you are encouraged to contact The Joint Commission by submitting a new patient safety event or concern, or by visiting their website. You can also send concerns to The Joint Commission's address below.
You also may file patient care concerns with:
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Phone: (800) 994-6610
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Division of Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 2969
Madison, WI 53701-2060
Phone: (800) 642-6552
Office of Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21244
(877) 486-2048 (TTY)
Download a copy of our Patient Rights and Responsibilities brochure (English / Hmong / Spanish)
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.