In this section
Community resources for families
During stressful times, it’s more important than ever to reach out for support. Below are resources that can help you and your family if you are in need of support.
If you need immediate assistance, contact IMPACT 2-1-1, and someone will be available 24/7 to help you.
You can reach them in three ways:
- Call 211 from your cell phone
- Text your zip code to 898-211
- Call 1-866-211-3380
- Food community resource guide: An up-to-date listing of food resource locations in Milwaukee area.
- Contact an outreach specialist who can help with a variety of resources, including finding a local pantry, food benefits navigation, FoodShare enrollment and application, updates on understanding FoodShare benefits and a variety of non-food related resources in the community. Brooklynn Gray serves Milwaukee County and is available to help. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (414) 204-2373.
- Changes to Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus members soon!
- Benefit coverage changes are coming for WI Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus members. You still have coverage but will need to complete a renewal soon.
- Find your renewal date at access.wi.gov and DO NOT complete the renewal process any earlier than 45 days in advance!
- Ensure your contact information is updated at access.wi.gov and you are opening and reading letters from DHS about your upcoming renewal date.
- If you could benefit from speaking with an outreach specialist from Feeding America, who can help with a variety of community resources, please email email@example.com or call (414) 204-2373.