In this section
What to expect with Access Center
Outline of Process
This outline of items may vary depending on the clinic that you or your child is going to and the type of services you will be coming for.
1. You will receive a call from one of our Coordinators to explain the process to you on the specific specialty you are seeking services with.
2. A welcome email will be sent which will include some or all of the following:
a. Release of Information form
b. MyChart sign up
c. Insurance card copy request
d. Clinic specific packet
3. The Coordinator you are working with will work on collecting the patient's medical records and images from previous facilities. In order to do this, we may request the following:
a. Referral letter from you or your child's provider
b. List of specialties and providers the patient has seen
4. Our Coordinators will check insurance to make sure that services can be completed at Children's Wisconsin and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
5. A cost estimate may be completed depending on the amounts met towards your deductible and out of pocket benefits. An upfront collection may be requested based on these accumulations.
6. Appointments will be scheduled once all records and images have been reviewed by the clinical team.
7. A confirmation email will be sent to include an itinerary, any possible teaching sheets, lodging information, and parking directions.
8. 10 days prior to your visit, you will receive a phone call from one of our Coordinators to confirm the appointment.
9. One of our Coordinators will meet you to show you where your visit is on the first day.
"We had been searching for answers for years and we finally received some at Children's Wisconsin. I can't express the weight that has been lifted off our shoulders."
- Jennifer M., mother of daughter Grace.
Grace is a patient of the Birthmarks and Vascular Anomalies Center and was born with PHACE Syndrome.