In this section
During your visit
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Comfort zone pledge
- Milwaukee hospital food options
- Your child's room
- Hospital points of interest
- Hospital programs and services
- Grief support
- Child life program
- Creative Arts Therapies program
- Language Services
- School and education support
- Spiritual care
- CaringBridge patient websites
- Your care team
Children's Wisconsin School Program provided by the Wauwatosa School District
What does this program offer?
- Children are taught one-on-one at the bedside or in the hospital school room.
- Hospital school teachers work with children's regular teacher to plan daily lessons.
- Daily routine is planned for each child.
- Children are given a chance to work on school skills and to keep pace with classmates.
How does the school program help?
The School Program offers children a welcome and comforting routine while children are in the hospital. This program helps them:
- Keep up-to-date with schoolwork.
- Have a familiar routine.
- Keep their mind off illness and being in the hospital.
- Transition back to their school.
Who may use this program?
- Children in grades 4K through 12 who are hospitalized.
- Children from any school district are welcome.
- There is no cost to parents for the school services.
How to access school services?
- Teachers meet students during their second full day of admission. Children’s staff may request school services at any time by placing a school consult through Epic.
- Teachers meet with parents and children to discuss the School Program. Teachers provide teaching materials and may set up a school schedule.
- Parents or legal guardians complete a release of information form. This form will grant the teacher permission to contact the student’s home school.
How can parents help?
- Bring these to the hospital as soon as possible:
- Chromebook/iPad (with login information)
- any assignments
- Coach your child to take part in the school program.
How do I contact the school room?
- School Room Phone Number: (414) 266-2795
- School Room Fax Number: (414) 266-6744
Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call our Central Scheduling team or request an appointment online.
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.