In this section
Campus visits by vendors
Visiting during COVID-19
- Contractors do not need to make appointments to be on campus if they have been issued a contractor badge from Children's. However, all Contractors must still adhere to our masking and screening requirements, and all requirements managed by IntelliCentrics. At this time, the credentialing requirements in IntelliCentrics will remain the same.
- Vendors, including those without a Children's-issued contractor badge, must have an appointment with either supply chain or an operational owner.
- It is up to a Children's leader to necessitate all onsite work or meetings.
- All vendors and contractors must check in at a vendor kiosk to receive an IntelliCentrics paper badge if they have not been issued a contractor badge.
- All Vendors and Contractors must check in at a welcome desk.
o For common deliveries through the dock, check-in via a vendor kiosk and welcome desk is not required. However, masking and eye protection is required at all times and self-screening is expected.
- All vendors and guests (e.g. interviewee, student, etc.) must be escorted into any of Children's facilities or they will not be permitted access.
- High-risk areas like the HOT unit, should limit vendor/contractor visits as much as possible. Any deliveries must have an appointment and escort.
- Masks and eye protection must be worn at all times. The mask must be at least rated as an ASTM Level 1 procedural mask or greater to match the masking strategy for the area they're visiting.
o Vendors/contractors supporting surgical services must supply their own N95 and eye protection.
o Vendors/contractors must supply their own masks.
o Vendors/contractors must wear eye/face protection while onsite
- All guests should perform self-screening prior to arrival and should not come to Children's if they have a fever, are symptomatic or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID19.
- Surgical implant and technology companies that support procedures and are scheduled either through the OR or Supply Chain, must follow all of the above requirements. Access will not be permitted to vendors supporting surgical services who arrive without their N95 or eye protection.
The purpose of these guidelines is to assist vendors in understanding and following the procedures of the Children's Wisconsin Supply Chain Department and Pharmacy Services Department.
The Supply Chain Department is charged with the centralized purchasing responsibility for the entire health system and is the primary contact point for all vendor representatives of equipment, supplies and services.
Supply Chain locations
The Supply Chain – Sourcing division office for administrative and purchasing operations is located at Wood Lake 3, 10200 W. Innovation Dr. Ste. 350, Wauwatosa, WI 53226. The office is open for operation from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The main office number is (414) 266-3434.
The Supply Chain – Logistics division and warehouse is located at 6740 W. Washington St, West Allis, WI 53214. The Receiving Dock accepts deliveries between 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The main office number is (414) 266-3440. Directions to Children's warehouse >>>
Pharmacy Services office location
The Pharmacy Services office of Children's Wisconsin is located in the lower level of the Children's Wisconsin Milwaukee campus hospital building at 9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53226. The pharmacy office is open for operation from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Directions to Children's Wisconsin >>>
Vendor representatives requirements
Children's Wisconsin uses IntelliCentrics (www.reptrax.com) for vendor credentialing. On the Milwaukee campus, the entire hospital and clinics buildings are considered patient care areas; therefore vendor representatives of any type entering those buildings must be registered in IntelliCentrics in a category for patient care. Any vendor with admin areas only access can meet with Children's Wisconsin personnel in our Corporate Center, Summit Offices, Children's Warehouse, or Wood Lake 3 locations.
Vendor representative visits must be pre-arranged with Children's staff ("drop in" visits are not permitted).
Vendors should park in the north parking structure, enter through the skywalk, and check in at the IntelliCentrics kiosk located at the Skywalk Welcome Center. Vendors should wear the IntelliCentrics vendor pass badge for the duration of their visit.