In this section
Apply for a Go Baby Go! car
Who may qualify for a car?
- A child between 9 months and 5 years of age who has difficulty independently moving through space.
- Diagnoses may include: Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Genetic Syndromes, Down Syndrome, Congenital Heart Defect, Prematurity, Autism, other neurologic or orthopedic conditions...
- It is ideal for the child to have sufficient head control and to be at least working toward independent sitting.
- If the child has seizures, it is ideal that the seizures are well-controlled.
What is the commitment asked of the family?
- Complete the family application and, if possible, have your child's treating occupational or physical therapist complete the therapist application.
- Attend a 30-minute fitting with your child at a designated Marquette or Children's Wisconsin location.
- Have paperwork from Marquette, which will be emailed to you, notarized at a bank or by other means.
- Pick up the car from Marquette University approximately 4 weeks after the initial fitting. Your child does not have to be present for the pick-up.
- Potentially respond to surveys or questionnaires in the future if we move forward with conducting research on the usefulness and effectiveness of the Go Baby Go! cars.
- Very safely and closely accompany your child as the car is utilized in a controlled environment.
What benefits might you expect from your child using a car?
- Increased opportunities for language and socialization
- Improved exploration of the environment
- Increased qualify of life and well-being for the child
- Reduced caregiver burden
- Increased sense of independence and initiation skills
- Improvement in motor and cognitive skills
- Improved participation in play with siblings/peers
Do you have a child that needs a car?
Fill out the form below and one of our therapists will be in touch with you within two weeks.
If you have questions about the Go Baby Go!, please email email@example.com