In this section
Welcome to Children's Wisconsin. Our goal is to provide high quality educational experiences for students in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Embedded in the mission of the Children's is a strong commitment to the education of our future work forces, your students.
The Advanced Practice Nursing/Nursing Student Education oversees and coordinates work with all schools of nursing. More than 628 nursing students from 30 affiliated schools of nursing from local, state and national universities, colleges and technical programs completed educational experiences at Children's in 2020. Children's provided 70,540 hours of nursing clinical education. There are various types of student placements including undergraduate and graduate experiences.
Schools of Nursing Hotline: (414) 337-CALL (2255)
New clinical educators to Children's
Make sure you complete the following paperwork and return it to the School Liaison APN.
- Orientation must be on the designated unit for a for a minimum eight hour precepted shift
- Identified unit based competencies must be completed during orientation
- If additional time is required, arrangements will be made with the School liaison APN and Unit APN or unit manager
- Will meet with School Liaison APN to discuss Clinical educator role
- Ongoing communication with School Liaison APN throughout clinical to discuss the semester
Children's site survey
We are going green! We would like all schools of nursing to complete an online survey evaluating how we are doing. Please have all nursing students complete this before they finish their clinicals at Children's.
Need a map showing the location of Curative for Epic Classes?
Download directions to the Epic In-Service given by Children's