In this section
Recreational therapy is a process utilizing a variety of recreational and leisure interventions to improve the physical, cognitive, and/or social/emotional abilities of patients and families served. Activities are designed to improve the functional abilities of patients, reduce the limitations/restrictions to participation in leisure caused by illness or disability, and to enhance quality of life.
Recreational Therapy can support a patient and family through 1:1 or small group sessions that:
- Maintain or improve activity tolerance
- Increase participation in activity interests
- Promote opportunities for social interaction during treatment
- Promote use of fine/gross motor movements
- Develop new leisure skills
- Educate on activity modifications and resources to maintain activity involvement during treatment
Ages: 5 and up
Days offered: Monday through Friday
Units covered: MACC Fund Center only
Ann Freigang, CTRS
Resources for becoming a recreational therapist can be found here:
Go to MyChart
If you are a registered user or have an access code you want to use, go to MyChart.