In this section
Special group or entertainment visits
As COVID-19 vaccination rates rise and infection rates fall, we continue to review and update our visitation procedures. We miss having additional family members and siblings in our hospitals and clinics, and appreciate the continued commitment and partnership of our patient families and staff to provide a safe environment for everyone. Below are our current visitor practices:
Milwaukee hospital patient care units
- Patients without COVID-19: Two adults (age 18 and older) are allowed at the bedside at a time. Four adults are allowed on a patient’s visitor list. These four names must remain the same for the entire stay. Siblings and visitors under age 18 are not allowed in hospital patient care units at this time.
- COVID-19-positive patients: Only one adult is allowed at the bedside at a time. If there are extenuating circumstances, the patient care manager on call may give approval to allow more than one individual at the bedside. Two adults are allowed on a patient’s visitor list. These two names must remain the same for the entire stay.
Specialty care, primary care, urgent care, labs, therapies, and community services – Two individuals may accompany the patient.
Surgicenter, Emergency Department Trauma Center (EDTC), Imaging, and surgical services on the Milwaukee campus – Two adults (age 18 and older) may accompany the patient.
Due to our current visitor restrictions, we are unable to schedule any outside entertainment during this time.
Our goal is to provide the best experience for kids in the hospital. We strive to balance our patients' needs (including their medical conditions, safety and privacy and interest levels) with the amount and types of visits planned.
Visiting performers are screened by the Kohl's Child Life Program. The best activities for our patients are:
- Highly entertaining, educational and/or therapeutic
- Appropriate for many ages
- Physically and emotionally safe
- Appropriate for the medical conditions of the children
- Religiously and politically neutral
Please note: For infection control and privacy purposes, we are unable to welcome groups of visitors into the hospital. We are happy to accept and distribute your donations on behalf of our patients.
Please read the guidelines (PDF) before sending an application. We will contact you within two business days of getting your application. Thank you for your interest in entertaining kids and families at Children's Wisconsin.
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions, and message your child's doctor. Visit MyChart.
Children's Compass is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay.