In this section
Things from home
Familiar things can help a child who is in the hospital. You may bring special toys, movies, photographs, posters, games, books or other items. For the safety of your child, toys with sharp edges are not allowed. You are responsible for the items you bring from home.
What should we bring from home?
Please bring the following information with you:
- Your health insurance or medical card
- A list of all medications your child is currently taking
- The name and phone number of your child's primary care doctor
- Your child's vaccination record
- Familiar things to help your child be more comfortable in the hospital, like special toys, movies, photographs, posters, games, books, or other items; families are responsible for the items they bring from home
Do I need to bring money with me to the hospital?
Parents may buy food and other items at Children's Wisconsin. An automated teller machine (ATM) is located near the entrance to the hospital and in Children's Clinics Building.
What should be left at home?
We encourage you to leave the following things at home:
- Toys with sharp edges
- Small toys with parts that can be swallowed
- Toys that make sparks
- Latex balloons
- Baby walkers
Access appointment information and medical records, manage prescriptions, and message your child's doctor. Visit MyChart.
Discover CHW is a free app that helps you find your way around Children's Wisconsin's Milwaukee campus and provides you with valuable information for your stay.