Matthew M Harmelink, MD
- Pediatric neurologist, Children's Wisconsin
Accepting new patients
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine
Areas of Interest
- Charcot Marie Tooth and Peripheral Nerve Diseases
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Nerve conduction studies
- Neuromuscular disorders
Education and Awards
- 2009, Medical College of Wisconsin, MD
- 2012, University of California Irvine Medical Center - Pediatrics
- 2016, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA - NEUROMUSCULAR MEDICINE (NEUROLOGY)
- 2015, Medical College of Wisconsin - Child Neurology
- Milwaukee Magazine Top Doctors
Research and publications
Title: Two Siblings with Intermittent Respiratory Distress
Modality: Presentation, UCI Neuromuscular Colloquuim
Description: A case description of a novel mutation of SCN4A in a child presenting with congenital myasthenic syndrome.
Title: De Novo versus None, Two Ends of a Spectrum
Description: A poster presentation of a case of a novel mutation resulting in HSAN 1 that is not reported in the literature and is not one of the previously reported two founder mutations.
Title: Opsoclonus Myoclonus Ataxia Syndrome (OMAS) from NMDA Receptor Encephalitis
Modality: Case Report, Pediatric Neurology
Dates: Nov 2015
Description: A case describing the third and youngest patient with OMAS from NMDA encephalitis.
Title: case of Congenital Hypotonia due to a Rare Genetic Deletion: 46, XX (del)14q32.2q32.3
Modality: Poster, AAN Annual Conference
Date: April 2015
Description: New clinical findings in a case of rare genetic mutation.
Title: Complications of Regional Anesthesia, WB Saunders Co, editors Brenden T Finucane, MBBCh, FRCPC and Can C.H. Tsui MD; Chapter 10 "Evaluation of Neurologic Injury Following Regional Anesthesia" Quinn H. Hogan, Keith McColister, Matthew Harmelink, Laura Kohl, Michael Collins.
Modality: Book Chapter
Date: Est. December 2016
Description: A book chapter describing the approach to diagnosis of complications of regional anesthesia.