In this section
Community reports showcase our commitment to children and families
Children’s Wisconsin is dedicated to pediatric care-giving, advocacy, research and education. We are proud of the work we do to improve the lives children and families and are pleased to report on our success.
We support the community through numerous programs and services that improve the health of children and strengthen families.
Community Benefits Report
In 2021, Children's invested more than $151 million in community benefits. This includes providing nearly $77.7 million in unreimbursed care to ensure kids have access to high quality, pediatric-focused healthcare. With additional support from our donors, we continue to invest in and serve our community because kids deserve the best.
See our 2021 Community Benefits Report.
- Unpaid cost of Medicaid - $77,683,902
- Health professions education - $27,529,328
- Subsidized health services - $21,451,547
- Community health improvement services - $12,745,139
- Research - $9,930,479
- Traditional charity care/financial assistance - $980,389
- Financial and in-kind contributions - $862,645
- Community building activities - $256,884
Community Benefits Stories
- Children's Wisconsin Fox Valley Child Advocacy Center offers care and services to kids families
- Children's Wisconsin school health nurses provide care and support to students
- Children's Wisconsin home visiting services promote child and family well-being
- Children's Wisconsin providing innovative kids mental health services
- Training the next generation of pediatric mental health therapists at Children's Wisconsin
- Be Well Fox Valley coalition Children's Wisconsin working to improve healthy food access
- Nourishing Partners Program at Children's Wisconsin helps combat food insecurity
- Children's Wisconsin community partners expand access to COVID19 vaccines for Milwaukee students and families
Community Health Needs Assessments
We focus many of our resources on improving the health outcomes of the children in greatest need in the areas served by our hospitals in Milwaukee and Neenah. These reports outline the needs of these communities and how we are addressing them.
Community Services Reports
Our Community Services programs impact thousands of children in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin each year. We are pleased to share information about the clients served through our programs and our financials.