In this section
Community reports showcase our commitment to children and families
Children’s Wisconsin is dedicated to pediatric care-giving, advocacy, research and education. We are proud of the work we do to improve the lives children and families and are pleased to report on our success.
We support the community through numerous programs and services that improve the health of children and strengthen families.
Community Benefits Report
- Unpaid cost of Medicaid - $65,817,518
- Health professions education - $27,628,058
- Subsidized health services - $19,065,537
- Community health improvement services - $11,990,371
- Research - $9,111,278
- Traditional charity care/financial assistance - $1,247,925
- Financial and in-kind contributions - $804,991
- Community building activities - $178,144
In 2020, Children's invested more than $135 million in community benefits. This includes providing $65.8 million in unreimbursed care to ensure kids have access to high quality, pediatric-focused healthcare. With additional support from our donors, we continue to invest in and serve our community because kids deserve the best.
- See our 2020 community benefits report.
Community benefit stories
- Community Health Asthma Management Program supports kids and families for better health outcomes
- Innovative telehealth experience for kids' mental and behavioral health care
- Children's Wisconsin partners in vaccinating Milwaukee area educators, children and community members
- Project Ujima summer camp helps kids impacted by violence heal and thrive
- Children's Wisconsin, community partners expand access to flu vaccines for Milwaukee children and families
- Educational Achievement Partnership Program helps children with chronic illness reach optimal potential
- Northeast Regional Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs helps connect families to resources they need
- Children's Wisconsin dental clinics maintain safety net access to care for kids and families
- Children's Wisconsin offers expert guidance to schools during COVID-19 pandemic
Community Health Needs Assessments
We focus many of our resources on improving the health outcomes of the children in greatest need in the areas served by our hospitals in Milwaukee and Neenah. These reports outline the needs of these communities and how we are addressing them.
Community Services Reports
Our Community Services programs impact thousands of children in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin each year. We are pleased to share information about the clients served through our programs and our financials.