In this section
Community reports showcase our commitment to children and families
Children’s Wisconsin is dedicated to pediatric care-giving, advocacy, research and education. We are proud of the work we do to improve the lives children and families and are pleased to report on our success.
We support the community through numerous programs and services that improve the health of children and strengthen families.
Community Benefits Report
- Unpaid cost of Medicaid - $82,682,778
- Health professions education - $17,897,081
- Subsidized health services - $12,522,744
- Research - $8,430,727
- Community health improvement services - $8,457,630
- Traditional charity care - $728,009
- Financial aid and in-kind contributions - $389,846
- Community building activities - $179,811
In 2018, Children's invested more than $131 million in community benefits. This includes providing $82.7 million in unreimbursed care to ensure kids have access to high quality, pediatric-focused healthcare. With additional support from our donors, we continue to invest in and serve our community because kids deserve the best.
- See our 2018 community benefits report
Community Health Needs Assessments
We focus many of our resources on improving the health outcomes of the children in greatest need in the areas served by our hospitals in Milwaukee and Neenah. These reports outline the needs of these communities and how we are addressing them.
Community Services Reports
Our Community Services programs impact thousands of children in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin each year. We are pleased to share information about the clients served through our programs and our financials.