In this section
21 days after
Continue to progress activity.
- Your child should not need naps. If a nap is needed, it should be less than 45 minutes.
- Pain should continue to improve.
- Your child may still need scheduled Tylenol.
- Only use ibuprofen if pain not improved with Tylenol.
- Most children are off all prescription narcotics & muscle relaxers.
- If struggling with pain management, contact Orthopedic Clinic at (414) 266-2411.
- Get out of the house or come to have a friend visit during the day.
- Try doing some normal activities:
- Getting dressed
- Making bed
- Preparing snacks for him/herself
- Work on school work throughout the day. Partner with home tutor or teachers to develop a plan for completing classwork.
About our orthopedic care
Meet Dr. Thometz and learn about our Orthopedic Program.
Our nurse triage team is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to assist with appointments and referrals.
It's important to know what your options are. We can provide expert opinions to verify or give more information about an initial diagnosis. Contact the Spine program today.