In this section
Triple P - Positive Parenting Program
Parenting isn't always easy, Triple P is here to help!
You love your kids. So why's it sometimes so hard to love being a parent?
It's easy to feel like you should automatically know how to parent. Or that you should love every messy, stressful, exhausting second of raising a kid. But that's not reality. Your family's learning as you go, figuring out how to keep up, set rules and solve problems together. That's normal, but it isn't easy. Every day brings new challenges, and it can seem like you're always running low…on time, on sleep, on money or patience. It's no wonder so many parents feel so overwhelmed. Triple P can help.
Triple P providers teach families how to spend less time battling misbehavior and more time building close relationships. You'll develop the positive parenting skills to manage stress and encourage healthy habits. And that can mean more good days for your family.
You have choices
Triple P is for parents with children ages 0-12 years of age.
Triple P doesn't tell anyone how to be a parent. Instead, we offer practical advice, backed by science and the successes seen by thousands of families. You’ll find tips for a range of issues, from raising toddlers to learning how to cope with complex problems at home. With Triple P, the choices are yours.
- Find the right level of support
- Set your own priorities and goals
- Decide what works for your family
- Tailor strategies to your unique needs
Attend a Triple P seminar
Want to boost your skills and confidence? Need help tackling a specific problem? Triple P workshops and seminars provide parents with a friendly place to learn, share and seek out support.
Build a positive foundation. Get to know the core principles of positive parenting and learn practical ways to deal with everyday challenges.
- Get insight into your child's behavior
- Learn the positive parenting basics
- Have the chance to ask questions
- Gain some techniques to try at home
Join a Triple P discussion group
Talk out everyday problems. Bedtime whining? Biting? Public meltdowns? Talk honestly about the misbehavior upsetting your family life with a small group of parents like you.
- Discuss common parenting challenges
- Tackle specific issues and frustrations
- Learn from other parents' successes
- Connect with other local families
Get one-on-one advice
Stressed out? Feel like you've tried everything? Sit down with a Triple P provider for thoughtful advice on a specific problem.
- Focus on your family's specific needs
- Get suggestions for your situation
- Create a practical action plan
- Top parenting tips for parents and caregivers in uncertain times
- Parenting during COVID-19
- Supporting health relationships and managing disagreements during COVID-19
- Parenting teens during COVID-19
- COVID-19 parenting guide for children with disabilities
- Top tips for children with disabilities
If you have any questions about Triple P, please email us at tripleP@childrenswi.org.
Triple P - Positive Parenting Program is supported in part by the Wisconsin Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board (Prevention Board). Twenty percent of the Prevention Board's funding is from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Children, Youth, and Families (Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention Grant). Points of view expressed do not necessarily represent the official positions of the financial sponsors.