In this section
Conditions we treat
Surgeons at Children's Wisconsin treat a wide range of conditions in children of all ages.
Some of these problems can include:
- Congenital problems of the chest and abdomen, including:
- Fetal anomalies: We offer prenatal consultation with parents who have learned during pregnancy that their child likely has a congenital anomaly as listed above. Learn more about our fetal anomalies program.
- Hernia repair, including:
- Pectus excavatum
- Tumors of the head, neck, chest, abdomen, genitourinary tract and extremities. We also offer biopsies, resections and excisions. These include neuroblastoma and rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Trauma and burns. Children's has a free-standing Level I Trauma Center dedicated solely to the care of children
- Head and neck surgery including congenital cysts, inflammatory disease, thyroid disease, bronchoscopy and esophagoscopy
- Intestinal diseases including stomach, small intestine, colon, appendix and rectum
- Inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Diseases of the liver, gall bladder, spleen and pancreas
- Genitourinary tract problems including kidney and bladder trauma, groin and scrotal hernias, ovarian and testicular abnormalities, including torsion and hydroceles
- Extremity soft tissue problems including tumors, inflammatory disease and trauma
Recognized by the American College of Surgeons, our Level I verification represents the highest level of recognition for hospitals that perform complex surgical procedures in newborns and children.