In this section
For medical professionals
Herma Heart Institute partners with medical professionals across the world to bring the highest quality fetal, pediatric and adult congenital heart care possible to patients.
Herma Heart Institute highlights
The Herma Heart Institute maintains consistently high survival rates for all children undergoing heart surgery, including the best rates worldwide for treatment of hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS). We pioneered the country’s first Developmental Follow-up Program with practices proven to boost outcomes and long-term function among pediatric cardiac patients. Heart care at Children's Wisconsin was ranked among the top pediatric cardiology programs in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in their 2021-22 Best Children's Hospitals Report.
Cardiac resources for partner providers
Cardiology care guidelines
- Our downloadable PDF-format patient information sheets, are written by staff and updated regularly.
Our latest outcomes data
- Our latest outcomes data for survival rates, volumes, and patient and family experience.
Our latest research
- Learn about our latest efforts, ranging from surgical outcomes to the genetic causes of congenital heart disease to long-term quality of life.
Professional education resources
- Basics of pediatric pulmonary hypertension by Edward Kirkpatrick, DO
- Revolutionary new options for patent ductus arteriosus in premature babies by Todd Gudausky, MD
- Monitoring heart transplant rejection with a blood test
- Meeting of minds: the annual Heart Summit
- Innovative approaches to pulmonary hypertension by Edward Kirkpatrick, DO
Recorded CME webinars
Pediatric Heart Surgery - A Ready Reference for Professionals
Pediatric Heart Surgery - A Ready Reference for Professionals by L. Eliot May, PA-C, director of cardiovascular surgery physician assistants at Children's Wisconsin provides caregivers with easy-to-understand references for quickly reviewing the basic anatomy, pathophysiology, surgical techniques and postoperative considerations for many common congenital defects.
- Our cardiology fellowship provides superior training experience in one of the nation's premier pediatric cardiology, cardiac surgery, and cardiovascular research institutes.
- Our adult congenital heart disease fellowship offers training in one of the of the largest adult congenital heart disease programs in the country.
- In partnership with the American Heart Association, we offer a summer research experience to college undergraduates.
Staffed 24 hours a day.
- Refer a patient
- Discuss a case
- Arrange a transport
- Direct admission
Toll-free: (800) 266-0366
Find helpful forms and phone numbers for making a referral to a specialty clinic at Children's Wisconsin.
A physician-led, clinical team is available 24 hours a day for transports to Children's from across the country.Start Arranging Your Transport