In this section
We’re proud to offer a free educational webinars for all adults living with a congenital heart defect and their loved ones. This webinar series is brought to you by the Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) Program within the Herma Heart Institute. Our ACHD program is one of only a few programs of its kind in the nation, and the largest program in the state of Wisconsin.
Our next ACHD webinar: Transitioning to adult congenital heart care
Join us on Thursday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. CT for a live presentation and Q&A with Herma Heart Institute nurse, Emily Reinhardt, RN, on the transition to adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) care. Over the course of a half-hour, you will hear Emily cover:
- The challenges and considerations that children with congenital heart disease face as they age into adulthood
- The difference between "transferring care" and "transitioning care"
- The guidelines and recommendations on when patients should start the transition process
- What makes a successful transition and ACHD program
- Live questions from webinar attendees
Registration is free but required. Can't attend live? Make sure to still register — all registrants will receive a recording of the presentations.
View our past webinars:
You can view recordings of our past webinars here:
- ACHD 2021 Virtual Education Night
The Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) also hosts monthly webinars on a range of specific CHD conditions and defects and how they impact daily life. These webinars are presented by leading experts and advocates and cover a range of interesting, diverse and timely topics. Click here to access their webinars.Access ACHD Webinars